E entramos no último mês do ano. “Como assim? Nem chegamos em outubro!” Pois é, para quem pratica a ciência da Arca de Noé, o fim do ano ainda está longe. Mas para quem planeja e leva seu trabalho a sério, dezembro é logo ali. É o caso da Criterion, com seus vindouros lançamentos. Como sempre, filmes restaurados em alta definição, diversos conteúdos extras e livretos exclusivos.
Os Amantes do Perigo (data de lançamento: 1º de dezembro, com preço de US$ 39.95).
- High-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Interviews from 2009 with actor Robert Redford, screenwriter James Salter, editor Richard Harris, production manager Walter Coblenz, and former downhill skiier Joe Jay Jalbert, who served as a technical adviser, ski double, and cameraman on the film
- Audio excerpts from a 1977 American Film Institute seminar with director Michael Ritchie
- How Fast?, a rare twelve-minute promotional feature from 1969
- PLUS: An essay by critic Todd McCarthy
O Ás da Velocidade (data de lançamento: 8 de dezembro, com preço de US$ 39.95).
- New 4K digital restoration
- Musical score by composer Carl Davis from 1992, synchronized and restored under his supervision and presented in uncompressed stereo on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary featuring Bruce Goldstein, director of repertory programming at New York’s Film Forum, and Turner Classic Movies program director Scott McGee
- In the Footsteps of “Speedy,” a new short documentary by Goldstein about the film’s New York locations
- Selection of rare archival footage of baseball legend Babe Ruth, who has a cameo in the film, presented by David Filipi, director of film and video at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, Ohio
- New visual essay featuring stills of deleted scenes from the film and narrated by Goldstein
- Selection of Lloyd’s home movies, narrated by his granddaughter, Suzanne Lloyd
- Bumping into Broadway, a 1919 Lloyd two-reeler, newly restored and with a 2004 score by Robert Israel
- PLUS: An essay by critic Phillip Lopate
Jellyfish Eyes (data de lançamento: 8 de dezembro, com preço de US$ 29.95).
- New, high-definition digital master, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interview with director Takashi Murakami
- Two new behind-the-scenes documentaries on the making of the film
- Trailer for Jellyfish Eyes 2
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Glen Helfand
Burroughs: The Movie (data de lançamento: 15 de dezembro, com preço de US$ 39.95).
- New, high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interviews with filmmakers Jim Jarmusch, Aaron Brookner, and Tom DiCillo, as well as William S. Burroughs’s friends and fellow writers James Grauerholz and Stew Meyer
- Rare outtakes
- Footage from the 2014 New York Film Festival premiere of the film’s restoration
- Thirty-minute experimental edit of the film from 1981 by inventor and photographer Robert E. Fulton Jr.
- PLUS: An essay by critic Luc Sante and a collage poster by artist Alison Mosshart
Link para a loja de Criterion na Amazon:
Link para enviar sua encomenda sem imposto antecipado via Shipito (em português):