No mês de abril temos o Dia da Mentira e o Dia da Verdade. Temos o Dia do Índio, o Dia de Tiradentes e o Dia do Descobrimento do Brasil. E temos também os dias em que a Criterion lançará mais títulos restaurados em alta definição, com diversos conteúdos extras e livretos exclusivos.
O Paraíso Infernal (data de lançamento: 12 de abril, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio excerpts from a 1972 conversation between filmmakers Howard Hawks and Peter Bogdanovich
- New interview with film critic David Thomson
- Howard Hawks and His Aviation Movies, a new program featuring film scholars Craig Barron and Ben Burtt
- Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of the film from 1939, starring Cary Grant, Jean Arthur, Rita Hayworth, Richard Barthelmess, and Thomas Mitchell, and hosted by director Cecil B. DeMille
- PLUS: An essay by critic Michael Sragow
Barcelona (data de lançamento: 19 de abril, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New, restored 2K digital transfer, supervised by director Whit Stillman and cinematographer John Thomas, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2002 featuring Stillman and actors Chris Eigeman and Taylor Nichols
- New video essay by film critic Farran Smith Nehme about the trilogy made up of Metropolitan, Barcelona, and The Last Days of Disco
- The Making of “Barcelona,” a short documentary from 1994 featuring behind-the-scenes footage and on-set interviews with Stillman and cast members
- Deleted scenes and alternate ending, with commentary by Stillman, Eigeman, and Nichols Segment from a 1994 episode of the Today show featuring Stillman
- Episode of The Dick Cavett Show from 1991 with Stillman
- PLUS: An essay by film scholar Haden Guest
A Whit Stillman Trilogy: Metropolitan, Barcelona, Os Últimos Embalos da Disco (data de lançamento: 19 de abril, com preço de US$ 63.96).
Phoenix (data de lançamento: 26 de abril, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K digital master, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation between director Christian Petzold and actor Nina Hoss
- New interview with cinematographer Hans Fromm
- New documentary featuring on-set interviews from 2013 with Petzold, Hoss, actors Nina Kunzendorf and Ronald Zehrfeld, and production designer Kade Gruber
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Michael Koresky
The Kennedy Films of Robert Drew & Associates (data de lançamento: 26 de abril, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 2K digital restorations of all four films (Primary, Adventures On The New Frontier, Crisis, Faces of November), with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-ray
- Alternate, twenty-six-minute cut of Primary, edited by filmmaker Richard Leacock
- Audio commentary on the Leacock edit of Primary, featuring Leacock and filmmakers Robert Drew and D. A. Pennebaker, recorded in conversation with film critic Gideon Bachmann in 1961
- Robert Drew in His Own Words, a new documentary featuring archival interview footage
- New conversation between Pennebaker and Jill Drew, Robert Drew’s daughter-in-law and the general manager of Drew Associates
- Outtakes from Crisis, along with a discussion by historian Andrew Cohen, author of Two Days in June
- New conversation about Crisis featuring former U.S. attorney general Eric Holder and Sharon Malone, Holder’s wife and the sister of Vivian Malone, one of the students featured in Crisis
- New interview with Richard Reeves, author of President Kennedy: Profile of Power
- Footage from a 1998 event at the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, featuring Drew, Pennebaker, Leacock, and filmmaker Albert Maysles
- PLUS: An essay by documentary film curator and writer Thomas Powers
Desencanto (data de lançamento: 26 de abril, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New high-definition digital transfer of the BFI National Archive’s 2008 restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2000 by film historian Bruce Eder
- Interview from 2012 with Noël Coward scholar Barry Day
- A Profile of “Brief Encounter,” a short documentary from 2000 on the making of the film
- David Lean: A Self Portrait, a 1971 television documentary on Lean’s career
- VEJA TAMBÉM | Nosso vídeo mostrando três edições da Criterion:
Link para as edições da Criterion na Amazon: