O Carnaval já começou para a Criterion, que anunciou seus títulos em alta definição para o mês de fevereiro de 2017. Como sempre, grandes filmes em versões restauradas em alta definição, com muitos conteúdos extras e livretos exclusivos.
Cameraperson (data de lançamento: 7 de fevereiro, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New high-definition digital master, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Making “Cameraperson,” a new program featuring director Kirsten Johnson, producers Marilyn Ness and Danielle Varga, and editors Nels Bangerter and Amanda Laws
- In the Service of the Film, a roundtable conversation with Johnson, producer Gini Reticker, and sound recordists Wellington Bowler and Judy Karp
- Excerpts from two 2016 film festival talks with Johnson, including one between her and filmmaker Michael Moore
- The Above, a 2015 short film by Johnson
- PLUS: An essay by filmmaker Michael Almereyda and reprinted writings by Johnson
A Árvore dos Tamancos (data de lançamento: 14 de fevereiro, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K restoration, created in collaboration with The Film Foundation at L’Immagine Ritrovata and supervised by director Ermanno Olmi, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate Italian-language soundtrack
- Ermanno Olmi: The Roots of the Tree, an hour-long episode of The South Bank Show from 1981, featuring an interview with Olmi on the film and a visit to the farm where it was shot
- New program featuring cast and crew discussing the film at the Cinema Ritrovato film festival in Bologna, Italy, in 2016
- Archival interviews with Olmi
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by film critic Deborah Young
Mulheres à Beira de um Ataque de Nervos (data de lançamento: 21 de fevereiro, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New high-definition digital restoration, supervised by director Pedro Almodóvar and producer Agustín Almodóvar, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master
- Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray
- New interviews with director Pedro Almodóvar, actor Carmen Maura, and producer Agustín Almodóvar
- New discussion by film scholar Richard Peña of the film’s impact in Spain and abroad
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Elvira Lindo
Mildred Pierce (data de lançamento: 21 de fevereiro, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation about Mildred Pierce with critics Molly Haskell and Robert Polito
- Excerpt from a 1970 episode of The David Frost Show featuring actor Joan Crawford
- Joan Crawford: The Ultimate Movie Star, a 2002 feature-length documentary on Crawford’s life and career
- Q&A with actor Ann Blyth from 2002, conducted by film historian Eddie Muller
- Segment from a 1969 episode of the Today show featuring novelist James M. Cain
- PLUS: An essay by critic Imogen Sara Smith
The Before Trilogy (Antes do Amanhecer | Antes do Pôr-do-Sol | Antes da Meia-Noite: data de lançamento: 28 de fevereiro, embalagem Digipak, com preço de US$ 79.96).
- New, restored 2K digital transfers of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset and a 2K digital master of Before Midnight, approved by director Richard Linklater, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Before Sunrise Blu-ray and 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks on the Before Sunset and Before Midnight Blu-rays
- New discussion featuring Linklater and actors Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke, moderated by critic Kent Jones
- Behind-the-scenes footage and interviews from the productions of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset
- Audio commentary on Before Midnight by Delpy, Linklater, and Hawke
- Dream Is Destiny, a 2016 feature-length documentary about Linklater by Louis Black and Karen Bernstein
- New documentary about the making of Before Midnight in Greece by filmmaker Athina Rachel Tsangari
- 3×2, a new conversation between scholars Dave Johnson and Rob Stone about Linklater’s work
- Linklater // On Cinema & Time, a video essay by filmmaker :: kogonada
- PLUS: An essay on the trilogy by critic Dennis Lim
Link para a loja da Criterion na Amazon